* ENGOLOGY * : 21st. Century Engineering & Engineering Technology.
* ENGOLOGIST * : International Accredited Graduate Engineer (IntGE).
The terms ‘Engology‘ and ‘Engologist‘ were coined in an effort to promote professional engineering internationally and attract young top talent to the profession.

In the best interest of mankind, professional engineering needs to be brought into the 21st century. The general terms of ‘Engineering’ and ‘Engineer’ convey a mixed message and image worldwide, promoting 21st century professional engineering effectively demands a new approach. Through the centuries, engineering has been a male-dominated field, however Engology demands equality with opportunities based upon merit and not gender. A significant challenge facing the profession is bridging the gender gap, stereotyping linking masculinity to engineering and engineering technology is, unfortunately, still prevalent and must be overcome.

‘Follow your dream, for as you dream so you shall become….’


Accredited International Graduate Engineer (IntGE)

An Engologist is an international graduate engineer who is a specialist dedicated to the development, and implementation of engineering and modern engineering technology.
Engologists are practitioners of engineering and engineering technology and are people who invent, design, research, analyse, build and test machines, systems, structures and materials to fulfil objectives and requirements while considering the limitations imposed by practicality, regulation, safety, and cost. Many are involved in advanced engineering/scientific research whilst many are working in executive positions, such as CEO, in large international companies.
The foundation education of an engologist is typically a 4-year approved bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or in some countries, a master’s degree in an engineering discipline plus 4–6 years of peer-reviewed professional practice culminating in a project report, thesis, or engineering board’s examinations.
Just as a medical doctor is a Physician, an Engologist is an approved graduate Engineer, internationally.


Professional Engineering Technologist (eTechnologist)  

A Technologist’s education is more of a broad specialized and applied engineering education. Engineering Technologists often work under engologists for manufacturing firms, product improvement, design and construction, and government agencies applying engineering principles and technical skills. Engineering technologists also may assume senior management positions in industry or become entrepreneurs. Internationally, the Sydney Accord is an agreement signed in 2001 acknowledging the academic equivalence of accredited engineering technology programs in the signatory nations.

Signatory Nations. 
In some countries, only those individuals who have graduated from an accredited curriculum in engineering technology and have a significant amount of work experience in their field may become registered technologists.


Professional Engineering Technician (eTechnician)

An eTechnician is primarily trained in the skills and techniques related to a specific branch of engineering, with a practical understanding of the relevant engineering concepts. Engineering technicians often assist engineers and technologists in projects and research and development. An engineering technician sits between a skilled craft worker and a Technologist. Engineering technician diplomas and 2-year degrees are generally offered by technical schools and non-university higher education institutions like colleges of further education, industrial schools, and community colleges. The Dublin Accord was signed in 2002 as an international agreement for the recognition of engineering technician qualifications. The Dublin Accord is analogous to the Washington Accord for engineers and Sydney Accord for engineering technologists.

Professional Engineer

This is the term for an International Licensed Engineer (IntPE) who is permitted to offer professional services directly to the public. The term Professional Engineer and the actual practice of professional engineering is legally defined and protected by a government body. In some jurisdictions only registered or licensed Professional Engineers are permitted to use the title, or to practice Professional Engineering. A Professional Engineer must have 8 years post-graduate professional experience and must pass an examination set by the relevant Professional Body. His work is basically technical design, but very many end up in senior management and other fields.

Looking for more information about Engology?